Monday, 29 May 2017
Wednesday, 24 May 2017
When you are planning for International relocation, you have to gear up for umpteen numbers of paper work, scientific packing methods that should be in sync with the country of destination, custom work etc.
In order to make International move, a cake walk activity; there are certain simple steps to be followed:
In order to make International move, a cake walk activity; there are certain simple steps to be followed:
- Planning: Planning is vital aspect when it comes to the big international move. Relocating to new country involves many aspects and in order to avoid missing on important aspects and facing trouble in the end, one should make proper plan of the move well in advance.
- What to bring and leave: Making list of things that are to be taken to new country and that to be left here is vital. There are certain countries that prohibit the entry of few things; such aspects must be taken note of. What to bring list must be prepared that will aid packing and eventually will aid in transpiring the packing spree easily. Things that are not to be taken to new country must be either sold off or given to friend or relative.
- Pets and cars: In case you want to move your pets to foreign country, contact your airline and make sure it is safe and humane way to transport them. Also make enquiries about paperwork and vaccinations you need for them, here a trusted veterinarian will be of great help. In case you are planning to import your car, just check the import duties and other charges that will be levied on the vehicle. In most cases these charges are so high that it is advisable to dispose of the car in host country and buy new one in new country.
- Electrical appliances: Dispose of all the bigger electrical appliances as it will be cumbersome to take them along. Smaller ones like computers buy power convertor or adaptor before moving.
- Gathering quotation for moving: Experienced and professional moving company should be opted for international move so that they plan and execute your move easily. From list of movers you chose, select the one that best suits your budget. Compare the costs along with reputation and online reviews of the Company.
- Packing up: Packing is the foremost step of any relocation. It is long process that takes a lot of time and energy. So get started early. Most international and moving Companies will be helping you in this step but they will charge you extra fee. This fee is worth the time you save and professional packers understand how to pack things in the manner they do not get damaged in transit. They will protect the fragile and delicate items with right packing methods and will aid in saving much of your time.
- Taking care of valuable items: Keep your valuable items safely and properly packed. This will provide them extra protection. Also ensure that all these items are documented properly and are fully covered under insurance offered by the chosen moving company. Some movers do not provide insurance cover for the goods packed by consumers, so first check for the stance of the chosen Company.
- Loading: Goods once packed are to be loaded into the shipping containers. Smaller households are loaded in household containers called “lift vans” and these containers will be loaded into ocean containers for transport by ship.
- Transport to the port: Once all your items are loaded in appropriate containers. The movers you have hired will transport the container to the port that may not be nearest to your home but will be nearest to the port where containers are loaded in the ship that will be taking them to the country of destination.
- Transport: After delivery to the port, your goods will be transported and this process may take two to three weeks depending on which country the goods are to be delivered.
- Dealing with customs: This is vital and important stage in the International move and all the goods that are coming to new country must pass through the customs. After the goods gets customs clearance, your goods will be transported to your new address, in new country. For quick custom clearance and processing one should have right paper work on shipment and should avoid packing any goods that are not allowed in the destination country.
- Delivery to new home: Finally the moving company on the other end will deliver your goods to new home or to storage house as set up in your country of origin.
- Contact post office and request them to forward all your mails to new destination.
Thursday, 16 March 2017
International relocation has to be transpired in more cautious manner as compared to other relocation as here the goods are transmitted beyond the domestic boundaries. It requires lot of paper work, custom clearance and umpteen numbers of government formalities are involved.
With implementation of 2 P’s – proper planning and proper packing, overseas relocation will take the stress out of your move.
For International Shifting it is Better to follow 3 point plans –
- Pre Move planning: Work with your service provider and develop an individual transport schedule, prepare all the documents and ensure that all your loose ends are tied up before you go to overseas.
- Moving day planning: Take the inventory of the items and their specific shipping instructions and make arrangements to ensure that robust packing is done by movers and no damage is done to the property. Check the finalized shipping and item inventories at the end of the day.
- It involves digitally tracking of all items and get real time information about the whereabouts of the items, when they clear customs and whether they have reached the new destination.
Now comes the packing part. Transporting your household items can take at least 3 to 4 months. They have to go overland or by sea (sometimes by both). The more important thing is that they have to clear the custom formalities for overseas entry.
So when you are packing for international move you have to be realistic about how long you can be without most of your belongings.
Here are some tips:
- Customs restrictions and inspections: Each and every good will go through custom clearance both overseas and cargo will be inspected before release. So it is vital to complete all the vital documents honestly and accurately else there could be delay in the release of the cargo. It is advisable to leave behind some goods which are rejected by custom authorities as they may be illegal or difficult to transmit these items to another country. It is better some sort of research is done before packing items for overseas relocation so that one may know which items can easily get custom clearance.
- It is mandatory to provide extra and robust packing to fragile and breakable items. Glass, wooden furnishing and many other items can be damaged during transit as they may shift or topple during transportation. So always pack such items in strong boxes with enough padding and support before loading them for overseas or air travel. Experienced international movers provide excellent packing services for safe reaching of your goods to another country.
- For transporting your vehicle things like shipment costs, whether you can afford to buy new one in new country and maintenance factor plays vital role in deciding whether to ship the car or dispose it off in the present country.
- Corrugated boxes that can be close shut can are highly recommended for safety of your goods.
- Make use of strong packing tapes, labels and markers to clearly identify the content that are placed in various boxes.
- Fill empty space in the cartons with newspaper, plastics or bubble wraps.
Different household goods have to be handled in different ways:
- Unplug all electronics
- Fridge should be unplugged 24 hrs prior to loading as they drain excess water and ice
- Tape or remove the inner glass plate from the microwave oven so that it does not move and break the glass door
- Double pack electronics with glass screens safely to ensure they do not break.
2. Kitchen ware:
- Bubble wrap bone china and ceramic wares
- Extra packing for glass containers and sharp appliances
- Place papers between plates, bowls and cups and dinnerware to prevent breaking or cracking
- Wrap cutlery and utensils together in tight bundles and bubble wrap them before putting to boxes
- Double wrap and bubble wrap all wine glasses, vases and crystal pieces
3. Small furniture:
- Cover edges fully
- Cover surface with bed sheets to prevent scratches
4. Other items:
- Pack books in small corrugated boxes
- International sized bags should be used to pack clothes and shoes
- Place packaging paper between photo frames
For More Info Visits:- Shainex Packers and Movers Relocation
Thursday, 15 December 2016
The very first step of relocation is packing of goods in such a manner that they are immune to any damage and harsh weather conditions. In other words goods are to be packed perfectly in such a manner they reach the destination in one piece.
For this one has to adopt best packing tips and measures and here are few packing best packing tips that will transpire your household relocation into a cake walk activity.
- Make check list of all the items: First and foremost aspect is to make the check list of all the items that are to be relocated and then bifurcate them on the basis of their weight and nature as delicate items need robust packing as they are prone to get damaged easily.
- Corner the packing materials: After cornering the house hold goods based on their weight and nature of the goods, select the packing materials based on specifications of goods. Purchase packing boxes, tapes, bubble sheets, corrugated boxes etc based on the requirements n nature of goods.
- Packing the goods: Stack the goods in one place so that they are packed perfectly and nothing is missed. Also sitting in the middle with goods spread all over is confusing. So it is better to start with one room, finish it off then move to the other. Use innovative and special type of packing for goods that are delicate. Make use of robust corrugated boxes, bubble sheets so that goods reach the destination in one piece.
- Label the boxes: After packing it is advisable to label the boxes as labeling each carton will make it easy for one to unpack the goods at the destination. Also label in cartons will be torch light for arranging goods in transport as one can arrange the delicate items at safe place in the transport so that goods reach the place safely. So labeling aids in quick unpacking of goods and swift arrangements.
- Disassemble furniture and other items that need to be taken apart and carefully save any hardware involved.
- Do not pack cheque book, credit card and other valuable documents. Carry such important documents with you.
- Loosely wrap fragile items individually with bunched up paper, bubble wrap or foam paper.
- Take special care of small items and see that they are wrapped properly and packed so that they are no lost in the transit . Taping over with bright colored tape and marking is good packing technique to highlight a very small item.
- Pictures, glass frames and mirrors should be packed in blankets, bubble wraps or foam wraps. These should be kept in flattened out cartons with plenty of cushion on glass and the edges. Also tape the end of the box so that these delicate items do not unexpectedly slide out during transit.
- Place lamp and lamp shades separately. Wrap lamp in bubble wraps and place lamp shade in clean and spic and span box.
- Wrap electronic equipment in blanket
- Light and loose things can be put in plastic bags by taping them well so that they are not ripped off in transit.